In Jan. 24-30, 2008 issue By Greg Wells Times Journal Managing Editor
JAMESTOWN - The Russell County Grand Jury met Jan. 16, returning numerous indictments including three sealed indictments.
• Adam W. Stephens was charged with criminal possession of a forged instrument and allegedly being a persistent felony offender.
• Adam W. Stephens and Dustin Ard were indicted on charges of burglary, theft of a controlled substance, theft by unlawful taking of property valued over $300, as well as criminal mischief and allegedly being persistent felony offenders.
• Christopher L. Flanagan was charged with two counts of assault, two counts of criminal mischief, resisting arrest, failure to maintain insurance, drinking alcoholic beverages in public, theft by unlawful taking over $300, as well as driving under the influence, 3rd offense and fleeing and evading police.
• David A. Dryden was charged by indictment for allegedly driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol, driving on a suspended license both allegedly third offenses.
• Charles W. Phillips, Jr. was indicted for allegedly fleeing and evading the police, two counts of wanton endangerment, DUI, leaving the scene of an accident and failure to maintain required insurance.
• Chris A. Stubbs was charged with burglary and theft of property valued over $300.
• Brandon D. Jones was indicted on a charge of possession of controlled substance, first degree.
• As of press time, the remaining indictments were still sealed.
An indictment by a grand jury does not imply guilt but simply means that a jury felt there was enough evidence in a case to warrant a trial.
The Times Journal is a weekly newspaper issued on Thursdays. It was first published on October 13, 1949, by Andrew J. and Terry Norfleet.
P.O. Box 190
120 Wilson St.
Russell Springs KY 42642
Russell County News is a weekly newspaper issued on Saturdays, and is mailed free to every address in Russell County, Ky. It was first published on February 1, 1913.
404 Monument Square
Jamestown KY 42629