In Feb. 7 IssueRussell County News
Don’t pay your taxes and you might be considered for the President’s Cabinet! I swear, it is no wonder things are in such a mess right now. President Obama seems to be having trouble finding people to fill his Cabinet positions that have paid their taxes.
The best one is that our new Treasury Secretary, Timothy Geithner didn’t pay his taxes for years, says Politico’s Roger Simon and he was still confirmed by The Senate Finance Committee.
By the way, the US Treasury Secretary will be over the IRS. Simon went on to say “In November, Team Obama announced that Geithner had this little problem and was paying his back taxes with interest and that it was all an honest mistake and no big deal, right? Wrong. They decided to keep it a secret, but The Wall Street Journal discovered it and blew the whistle.”
Well, I think I have said enough for now, so here are some “Witty” answers that should make you smile.
1. It was mealtime during a flight on an airline. “Would you like dinner Sir?” the flight attendant asked? “What are my choices?” The passenger asked? “Yes or no,” she replied.
2. A lady was picking through the frozen turkeys at the grocery store, but she couldn't find one big enough for her family. She asked a stock boy, “Do these turkeys get any bigger?” The stock boy replied, “No ma'am, they're dead.”
3. A cop got out of his car and the kid who he had stopped for speeding rolled down his window. “I've been waiting for you all day,” the cop said. The kid replied, “Yeah, well I got here as fast as I could.” When the cop finally stopped laughing, he sent the kid on his way without a ticket.
4. A truck driver was driving along on the freeway. A sign comes up that read, “Low Bridge Overhead.” Before he knows it, the bridge is right ahead of him and he gets stuck under the bridge. Cars are backed up for miles. Finally, a police car comes up. The cop gets out of his car and walks to the truck driver, puts his hands on his hips and says, “Got stuck, huh.” The truck driver says, “No, I was delivering this bridge and ran out of gas.”
5. A blonde goes to the post office to buy stamps for her Christmas cards. She says to the clerk, “May I have 50 Christmas stamps?” The clerk says, “What denomination?” The blonde says, “God help us. Has it come to this? Give me 6 Catholic, 12 Presbyterian, 10 Lutheran and 22 Baptists.”
6. A woman is standing nude looking in the bedroom mirror. She is not happy with what she sees and says to her husband, “I feel horrible; I look old, fat and ugly. I really need you to pay me a compliment.” The husband replies, “Your eyesight's darn near perfect.” — He never heard the shot....
May God Bless