In April 4 IssueRussell County News
Well, we got change! Many of the American People wanted change and they got it! Prominent democrats like Evan Bayh from Indiana are starting to wonder just what they have gotten themselves into. Folks, it is time to take a stand. The debt that President Obama is hanging on the American people will never be able to be paid back! Ms. Norma White from Texas wrote an opinion article which has been given a lot of attention. I believe she makes some good points.
You want change? Try these ideas…
1. Limit Congress from serving more than two terms. That is all that presidents are allowed.
2. Stop Congress from voting their own raises. How did that ever
3. Stop paying for lawmakers’ high-priced insurance premiums. After all, they are only part-time employees. They might pass some law changes on the insurance companies, if they had to find one.
4. Stop paying lawmakers their full salary after serving just one
term, or at retirement. We need to get rid of that pension plan;
they’ve let other companies get rid of theirs. You were lucky to get 40
to 50 percent of your salary after working somewhere for 35 years,
but they get 100 percent.
5. Make Congress pay into the Social Security system. They make
laws for it. If they spent some of their own money, they might be
interested in making it solvent.
6. Stop handing out aid to illegal aliens. If we did, then Medicaid and the food stamp program would have enough money to aid the aged and the poor.
7. Secure our borders.
8. Stop allowing babies born to illegal aliens in the United States automatic citizenship.
9. Stop the abuse of our benevolent welfare system. We feed children free meals three times a day until they are 17. Churches give away good clean clothes. Companies buy and donate school supplies. Emergency rooms provide healthcare at taxpayer expense and the food stamp program is buying food at home. What are parents doing for their children?
10. Have a computer program that cross checks Social Security
numbers with finger prints to stop fraud on many fronts. Use it on
Voter registration too!
11. Stop bailing out mortgage companies and banks that give loans to people who cannot afford them.
12. Stop companies from paying CEO’s and other executives outrageous salaries and bonuses while doing away with workers’ pensions.
13. Stop all unnecessary spending so we will have the money for our nation’s security, and to help needy and elderly Americans.
14. Stop permitting anyone to have a photo ID with their face covered on driver’s licenses.
Ms. White like most American’s are feed up with how Congress is running our country and spending our money.
They need to be told that you don’t buy steak to make hamburger helper. I believe there are changes coming and it’s not what President Obama had in mind.
May God Bless,