In March 26 Issue
The Bible, Truth or Fiction? Recently, MSNBC Host Lawrence O'Donnell said that the Bible, specifically The Book of Revelation, is a "work of fiction". He said that it portrays God as a mass murderer. Of course, believers of this magnificent piece of literature understand that the Anti-Christ is the real mass murderer and The Book of Revelations is God's gift to mankind so that we will be able to recognize his second coming.
For centuries now, man has chosen to believe or not to believe the ancient writings of the bible and many have taken the liberty of putting there own twist or slant on what it really means. An example of this was recently reported in the Associated Press. The article stated "In the old translation of the world's most popular Bible, John the Evangelist declares: "If anyone says, 'I love God,' yet hates his brother, he is a liar." Make that "brother or sister" in a new translation that includes more gender-neutral language and is drawing criticism from some conservatives who argue the changes can alter the theological message.
The 2011 translation of the New International Version Bible, or NIV, does not change pronouns referring to God, who remains "He" and "the Father." But it does aim to avoid using "he" or "him" as the default reference to an unspecified person. Pronouns that apply to both genders in the ancient Greek and Hebrew texts have traditionally been translated using masculine forms in English.
"In My Opinion" most rational thinking people who have read the Bible and attended church, which includes the once a year Easter crowd understands that pronouns such as he and him refer to both men and women.
Another example of societies slant on interpreting God word is the Sixth Commandment which is "Thou Shall Not Murder". Since the beginning of time when Cain splayed Abel, man has realized that it is against God will to kill or murder another human being. The key word here is human being. We as a nation have allowed various organizations, including our own elected officials to convience us that this does not include unborn babies. Many so called believers and non-believers have manipulated society into believing that an unborn baby is not a human being! They have cleverly referred to them as fetuses and have done their best to define as to when they miraculously transform from a fetus into a baby. Here is where you as individual must decide. God has made it clear!
Recently I was given some information found in the Bible that I thought you may find interesting…
1. The Garden of Eden was in Iraq.
2. Mesopotamia, which is now Iraq, was the cradle of civilization!
3. Noah built the ark in Iraq.
4. The Tower of Babel was in Iraq.
5. Abraham was from Ur, which is in Southern Iraq.
6. Isaac's wife Rebekah is from Nahor, which is in Iraq.
7. Jacob met Rachel in Iraq.
8. Jonah preached in Nineveh - which is in Iraq.
9. Assyria, which is in Iraq, conquered the ten tribes of Israel.
10. Amos cried out in Iraq.
11 Babylon, which is in Iraq, destroyed Jerusalem.
12. Daniel was in the lion's den in Iraq.
13. The three Hebrew children were in the fire in Iraq (Jesus had been in Iraq also as the fourth person in the Fiery Furnace!).
14. Belshazzar, the King of Babylon saw the 'writing on the wall' in Iraq.
15. Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, carried the Jews captive into Iraq.
16. Ezekiel preached in Iraq.
17. The wise men were from Iraq.
18. Peter preached in Iraq.
19. The 'Empire of Man' described in Revelation is called Babylon which was a city in Iraq.
20. Israel is the nation most often mentioned in the Bible.
21. Second nation most often mentioned in the Bible is Iraq, but referenced as Babylon, Land of Shinar, and Mesopotamia.
The word Mesopotamia means between the two rivers, more exactly between the Tigris & Euphrates Rivers. The name Iraq means country with deep roots. Indeed Iraq is a country with deep roots and is a very significant country in the Bible. No other nation, except Israel, has more history and prophecy associated with it than Iraq. And also, this is something to think about:
Since America is typically represented by an eagle. Saddam should have read up on his Muslim passages. The following verse is from the Koran, (the Islamic Bible). Koran (9:11) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle.
The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; And there was peace. Note the verse number! 9-11!
I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
May God Bless…