In May 28 Issue
A total of 10 people were indicted following Tuesday's meeting of the Russell County Grand Jury, according to circuit court records. Criminal offenses included alleged thefts, meth manufacturing and rape, among other offenses.
The following are persons charged by the grand jury on Tuesday:
• Silas Burton, 44, was charged with first degree rape.
• Rachael Pickerell, 24, was charged with manufacturing methamphetamine, possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia and resisting arrest.
• Jonathan K. Stephens, 25, was charged with two counts of wanton endangerment, two counts of third degree assault, fourth degree assault and resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.
• Joey Popplewell, 31, was charged with theft by unlawful taking over $500 and first degree being a persistent felony offender.
• Glenda Burchett, 41, was charged with fraudulent insurance acts over $300 and with being a second degree persistent felony offender.
• Nicholas Kinnett, 32, was charged with fraud or false statement in obtaining benefits.
• Kendrick Burns II, 34, was charged with flagrant non-support of a child.
• Brandon W. Morgan, 24, was charged with flagrant non-support of a child.
• Joseph Bolin, 38, was charged with flagrant non-support of a child.
• Karie McAfee, 39, was charged with flagrant non-support of a child and with being a persistent felony offender.
The Russell County News-Register reminds readers an indictment by a grand jury does not imply guilt but simply means that a jury felt there was enough evidence in a case to warrant a trial.